What good is a website if your users don’t understand how to use it? No good. Creating a user friendly website is very important to your success in the online world. If you want your online website or business to be successful, it is important to develop a site that is easy-to-use and is compatible on all sorts of web browsers.
When designing your website it is important to keep it user-friendly. Whether you’re using an Orlando web design firm or doing it yourself, following these few steps will keep visitors coming back for more.
1 ) Avoid Splash Pages:
– Avoid pages that contain splash. Splash pages are pointless. They are just an introduction with a “click here to enter” sign or banner. Splash pages create extra clicking and loading time for visitors. Without a splash page, your visitors can visit your site without the added wait time.
2 ) Easy Navigation:
– Make your navigation easy-to-use. Keeping your navigation simple will prevent user frustration. If you have a large website, people may find it difficult to navigate. If frustration sets in, people may just leave your website and find a site that they can actually find their way around. To keep your navigation simple, avoid using scripts and flash menus. This will ensure that your visitors get all of the pertinent information and your conversions are high.
3 ) Easy to read:
– Keep your website readable. Avoid long, lengthy paragraphs. If you have a lot of important content, avoid using long paragraphs to convey this information. Break up your content into small, easy-to-read sections. This will prevent boredom and keep your visitors on your site. Small bits of information will provide all the necessary information your visitors need to retain.
4 ) Use CSS:
– CSS style is an easy format to use and will ensure that all of your visitors will be able to view all the information your site has to offer. Ensure that your text is easy to read. Use a standard font. A standard font will ensure that it is compatible with all of your visitors’ computer systems. CSS makes it easy to adjust the font and style of your settings. CSS can easily change the book of your entire website by editing just one file.
5 ) Test with all browsers:
– Test your website in other browsers. What looks great in one browser may look terrible in another. People these days use a variety of different browsers… you may be surprised at just how many different browsers are out there. It is important to ensure that your messages look great to all visitors, regardless of what type of web browser they use. W3.org is a website that is designed to check the standards of your web design and it’s compatibility with different web browsers. This will help ensure compatibility. You can also try this web browser compatibility tool.
Image Credit :Laura Walker