Content writing is a challenging profession that requires creativity, an earnest desire to understand the readers’ psyche, and a positive attitude. In the 21st century, most people prefer using the Internet to find valuable information. In the cyber-world, one can search for topics ranging from latest beauty products, gadgets to overseas education. The Internet is loaded with information and for a content writer , the challenge lies in making the articles interesting and yet simple.
Here are few tips that can make your articles unique and more popular.
1. Opt for an eye-catching headline- Your title is the first thing that readers notice when they visit your site. Come up with catchy, interesting titles and get rid of the boring ones. However, in a desperate attempt to attract readers, avoid using misleading and irrelevant headlines.
2. Introduction is crucial- Experts agree that the introduction must be strong enough to capture and retain interest of the readers . Providing any gripping news or story in the introductory paragraph can be a great idea.
3. Research, research and research- In the field of content writing, providing good and useful information is crucial. Filling up your articles with useless, irrelevant and repetitive information can spell disaster for your site. Remember that the only way to write informative articles is to research thoroughly on the given topic. Use credible sources while writing your articles and include comments and quotes of well-known professionals.
4. Make your paragraphs short- Most Internet users have limited attention span. Thus, if you use long sentences and paragraphs, there are high chances that they won’t feel eager to read your articles. To make your articles crisp and easy on the eye, opt for short paragraphs. Break down your sentences and keep them to the point.
5. Simplify your writing– To make your articles intriguing, simplify your writing style. Discuss a single idea in one or two paragraphs. For example, if you are writing about the causes and effects of stress, discuss the causes in one paragraph. To provide information about the effects of stress, move on to the next paragraph.
6. Consider the ending– Like the introductory paragraph, your conclusion should engage and stimulate the readers. Many writers use the technique of asking smart questions at the end of the article – those that will encourage the readers to think and provide their own views, opinions and suggestions. Apart from asking questions, you can sum up the article in general terms or offer last-minute tips.
7. Edit your article– Writing the article is not sufficient. Once you are done with the writing part, proof-read it. Look out for spelling mistakes, grammatical and styling errors.
To earn your reputation as a good writer, be honest in your approach. Ask for feedback and learn from your mistakes. All these, in the long run, will sharpen your content writing skills.
This is a guest post by Kushal Biswas, you can check out the guidelines to guest post here.