Today is 1st July and Canada celebrates another birthday, marking the anniversary of Canadian Confederation in 1867 and the birth of Canada as a nation.
Canada Day is about celebrating freedom of expression
I wake up everyday and thank GOD for giving me the opportunity to live in this wonderful country. We have the best of health care, the best of education and the nicest of people living in this country.
This blog post is a tribute to the people of this country for making it the best country to live on Planet Earth.
There are about seven billion people on this planet, Canada makes up about thirty four million of them. The odds of being a Canadian on this planet is about half a percent. Being one in half a percent is like winning the 649 jackpot.
You know you are in Canada when:
– Cars are parked on the driveway and the Garage is filled with junk.
– People on board start clapping and singing “ O Canada” as the plane lands on any Canadian airport.
– The temperature drops from 10 degrees to minus 10 degrees in less than 10 hours.
– You pay a $3 fare for a minimum and maximum bus ride.
– You start your day and end your day discussing the weather.
– Your boss comes to work on roller blades or on a bicycle.
– They tell you Canada has four seasons, but you feel there is just one season (Winter ) throughout the year.
– Minus 20 degrees feels pleasant.
– You hear someone at the nearby store say “ Double Double”
– You drink Pop, not soda
– “Eh?” is a very important part of your vocabulary, and is more polite than, “Huh?
Canada Day festivities on Parliament Hill and across the country start around noon on Canada Day. The National Capital Commission has a live web cam right across Parliament Hill, Ottawa so you can check in through the course of the day and watch the crowd grow.
If you live in Toronto here is what you can do on Canada Day
Have a Happy Canada Day 🙂 God keep our land glorious and free!