Instagram, the social networking app that was created for sharing the videos & photos from a smartphone, is the trendy thing among all cool kids. Like Facebook & Twitter, Instagram also offers a profile & news feed.
A study conducted in 2016 stated that the average number of photos shared each day on this Instagram platform was around 70 million & the number is climbing every day. It is because, visuals are the best way to communicate with any readers & people are more comfortable with images than words.
If you have to take advantage of this network, you should be posting eye catching content that grabs the attention of many. You don’t have to be a professional designer or photographer to do this. There are a few tricks, which can help you out.
1. Make use of Apps
There are many online tools available at the click of a button. Anyone can create eye catching visual contents that seizes the attention. Here are a few of them that can help you:
– Canva – It has many cool functions, but the notable one among them is you can resize your images for any social platform easily using their Resize function.
– Piktochart – It offers more than 300 readymade templates. By switching colors, icons, photos & fonts, you can create something in a unique way at a very less time.
– Relay – Just feed in your tagline, website, logo & photos and get the images automatically designed.
– Typorama – You can easily try an imaging program with the help of the large library of typography.
2. Use attention-grabbing colors & watermark your logo:
Visual imagery or attention grabbing visuals are an important aspect to ensure that your post stands out of the clutter. At times images and visuals speak more than words or text. Watermarking help to protect your imagery and copyright, this will help other not to copy or pick up the same imagery and use it on their blog or online.
3. Include a call-to-action on the image or description.
– A strong call to action enhances the reader to take action, its a psychological behavior to click whenever you see a call to action – thus leading to the user taking the desired action that you want him to. ie. it could be leading the user to your website or leading him to the Google Store to download your app or simplily filling in a lead form. There are lot of options here depending on what you want the user to do.
4. Build a email list:
– List building is a great tool to interact and engage with your community, but to do that you need to build a community. The best way to build it online is through your newsletter where you encourage people to join your email list, so that you can drive more traffic to your website.
5. Make your visual content pinnable, as most of them are great users of Pinterest these days!
Finally, always be consistent with your posts. The more active you are on the Instagram, the more people will be fond of your posts!