The last 12 – 14 months have not been the best for businesses, I am not talking about the economic and financial downtrend. I am referring to the loss of three brilliant thought leaders.
We lost Steve Jobs to a deadly disease late last year, we lost Stephen Covey to a freak bike accident a few months ago and on thursday, 28 th November we lost Zig Ziglar, a world war II veteran, one of the world’s famous salesmen, motivational speaker and author of more than 30 top selling books. Ziglar died of complications from pneumonia at a hospital in Plano, Texas.
Ziglar dedicated his life to help other realize their dreams and motivate them to be successful.
Below are Zig Ziglar’s most inspirational and motivational quotes, these quotes have changed the life of millions of people across the global.
1) “If you learn from defeat, you haven’t really lost.”
2) “Every choice you make has an end result.”
3) “If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.”
4) “It’s not what you’ve got, it’s what you use that makes a difference.”
5) “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.”
6) “The real opportunity for success lies within the person and not in the job.”
7) “Obviously, there is little you can learn from doing nothing.”
8) “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great”
9) “If you wait until all the lights are “green” before you leave home, you’ll never get started on your trip to the top.”
10) “Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.”
11) “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.”
12) “Outstanding people have one thing in common: an absolute sense of mission”
13) “The more you are grateful for what you have the more you will have to be grateful for”
14) “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.”
15) “Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there”
16) “You can succeed at almost anything for which you have unbridled enthusiasm.”
17) “Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.”
18) “A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone else thought they could”
19) “You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”
20) “Go as far as you can see and you will see further.”
21) “People often say motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.”
22) “Success occurs when opportunity meets preparation”
23) “There has never been a statue erected to honor a critic.”
24) “People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.”
25) “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”
26) “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.”
27) “A goal properly set is halfway reached.”
28) “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
And my favorite one “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.”
Which is your favorite Ziglar quote ?
Have a Super Sunday and a Great Week Ahead.