I started this blog about 18 months ago without a logo. I never had a logo on this blog, the logo was always text based.
I’ve now decided to go in for a logo and I’ve gone with one of the top graphic design sites – DesignCrowd
DesignCrowd.com is a graphic design company that offers graphic design services. Their services include everything from custom logo design, web design, business card design, Tshirt design and brochure design
DesignCrowd offers a graphic design outsourcing platform which is ideal for design studios, agencies and web developers who want to outsource their design needs and design related projects.
Their business model works on the concept of Crowdsourcing which makes their services very unique and powerful.
By outsourcing your design needs to DesignCrowd you can leverage the potential of over 13,000 designers registered with them. This is essentially the concept of crowdsourcing and is powerful because it let’s you harness the creativity of 13,000 designers who work based on your design brief.
The Outsourcing Process :
The process is very simple: you register on their site and post a project by putting up a brief about your design brief along with a contest prize.
Based on your design brief you ll get tons of designers from around the global working on your design. They’ll send the designs to you and you can choose the best design for your firm. With this service you’ll have a larger selection of design option to choose from as DesignCrowd has designers from across the globe.
DesignCrowd v/s Other Contest Sites
– DesignCrowd has a high quality of graphic designers who are experts in the design arena. They have more than 13000 designers registered with them.
– Worldwide Talent : You can harness the talent of designers from Toronto to New Delhi.
– Faster turnaround time : The turnaround ability for you design is much faster as the designers are across the world. Submit a brief at night and see tons of design option when you wake up.
– Value for money : An average size logo contest of $200 gets over 50 design option, that’s good value for money. I am not aware of any traditional design firm that will give you 50 options for your design brief.
DesignCrowd v/s Traditional design firms
– Compared to any other design sites, DesignCrowd has more than 13000 designers ready to work on your design brief.
– These designers can be used on only for your logo design but also for other design related materials like website design, brochure design, T shirt design and much more.
– Participation payments for designers is one of the unique features of design crowd, a participation payment is the minimum guaranteed amount paid to designers who submit for a particular design open brief job.
This is a good motivating factor for designers to work on your brief. If you are looking to outsource your design work you can reserve some participation payments for designers on design crowd.
I am excited to have the new logo on this blog, I ll shortlist a few logo designs to share with all of you.