Choosing a merchant service provider is not an easy task, while there are lot of merchant providers in the market – Finalizing the one for your small business can be a daunting task.
Below are 6 must ask questions that you must ask yourself before selecting a Merchant service provider –
1) 24 hour customer support – Most providers off this service but you need to ensure that the merchant provider that you sign up with has a 24/7 customer support.
2) Online – Offline capabilities: Not all businesses are online, there maybe an offline component of the business, does the merchant provider have online and offline capabilities.
3) Processing fees – Check the processing and set up fees before you sign up the merchant. Some merchants may have fees that could be hidden based on transactions, cancellations etc.
4) Contract – check the contract terms of the provider, length of the contract may vary at times.
5) Technology capability: This is a critical feature of choosing a provider – does he have the technology to adapt to changes in the financial area.
6) Years in the business – How long has he been in the business and what is his client list.
Merchant Account Solutions is one such merchant that will help you make your processing easy and will satisfy all the above criteria when you choose a merchant provider.
It has one of the lowest credit card processing fees in the market, apart from giving you value added services. Some of the value added services include offering a free online merchant account, best credit card and more.
Check it out