Rand Fishkin is a leader in the field of search engine optimization tools, resources and community, in 2009 he was named among the 30 Best Young Tech entrepreneurs Under 30 by Businessweek.
Rand spoke this afternoon to a room packed with marketers and SEO experts at the Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco. Have a look at his presentation, you ll know why SEO is an important aspect of Internet Marketing and why you should be giving it top priority.
Some points from Rand Fishkin’s SEO deck :
– Europe leads the Global search share, followed by Asia
– Organic search generated 88% of clicks v/s 12% clicks from PPC – 2009
– 49 % of all web users search daily – 2008
– Majority of the queries are 2 to 3 word searches
– Conversion rate of four word phrases is highest
– Page Rank Flow
I recommend you to spend sometime at this simple and very engaging presentation