Canada is one of the best countries to live in, after living here for a couple of years I don’t doubt it. Today is Canada Day and this blog post is my little way of paying tribute to this amazing country. Canada Day is all about celebrating freedom of expression and the values we cherish.
My hope is that any Canadians visiting this page will be reminded of how much they have to be proud of. For the rest of the world, I hope you’ll leave with some appreciation of this wonderful country.
There are about seven billion people on this planet, Canada makes up about thirty three million of them. The odds of being a Canadian on this planet is about half a percent. Being one in half a percent is like winning the 649 jackpot.
– Being Canadian means we can worship whoever and however we want.
– Being Canadian means we are protected under The Charter of Rights & Freedoms.
– Being Canadian means we don’t have to worry about gun shots being fired or people being killed on the streets when Governments change.
– Being in Canada means Milk comes in plastic bags, cartons and in jugs.
– Being in Canada means everything is labelled in English & French.
– Being in Canada means lots of people runnning around with H&M, Aldo, Roots and Holt Renfrew bags.
– Being in Canada means having a choice of eating Italian, Mexican, Greek, Indian, Lebanese, Japnese, Korean, Chinese and Caribbian food anytime.
– Being in Canada means any conversation will inevitably include a brief discussion of the weather.
– Being in Canada means driving a car with the headlights on during the day.
– Being in Canada means people end sentences with “eh”, eh !
– Being Canadian means joining hundreds of fellow Canadians line the overpasses of the Highway to pay respect to the fallen soldiers.
– Being Canadian also means we only have 14 days of vacation a year.
– Being Canadian means we now have to shell out 5 cents for a plastic bag.
– Being Canadian means being strong & free
In Canada’s capital, the Canadian flag flies proudly over a Tower named Peace. I am blessed to be a part of this wonderful country.
Wish You All A Very Happy Canada Day Eh !