This is a guest post by Onibalusi Bamidele.
Having an authority blog or simply put; building an authority blog is not a prerequisite for making money blogging but being an authority blogger will surely make a difference and will help you achieve more greater things than you can believe.
Becoming an authority blogger is not easy, but following the steps below can make a huge difference.
1) Passion: Having passion in what you do is very important to achieving success let alone what you want to be an authority on. It is very important to have passion for your blog; you should be able to blog based on your passion and not just because of the monetary gains because this will help you achieve success more easily.
Blogging is not that easy because things might not sometimes work as you expected but having passion for your blog will make sure you are always blogging without discouragement. Your passion will also be reflected in your work, I mean in your post. Your passion for your blog will also be reflected in how you interact with your readers, how you relate with other bloggers and how you market and promote your blog
2) Vision: We all know what it means to be an authority; you hardly can be an authority without having a goal. What is your goal? Is your goal just to be making the same amount of money you made last month (maybe with a little increase) or maybe to be getting the same type of traffic you were getting last month. It is good to have a goal, because your goal helps you to work hard and it also keeps you motivated towards achieving it.
You have a goal, the next thing will be to achieve it. Not having a goal will just make sure you work anyhow and even sometimes neglect important opportunities because you don’t know where you are going. A goal is truly important, but it is also more important to know the type of goals you set, do not set goals that are too overwhelming and also don’t set goals that are too limiting. Let there be a balance between how you set your goals.
3) Action: Glad to know you have passion, glad to know you have a goal, but your goal is “nothing” without you taking steps to achieve it. You might dream of being a world star, you might dream of being a billionaire, you might have the best type of dream humans can ever have but not taking action makes your goal nothing. You have to take action; you have to work towards achieving your goals. You don’t know who you are until you implement what you know. Take Action today.
4) Research: You know who we call an authority? You have to constantly research, not just browsing through some points on a website, you have to effectively consult various trusted sources to verify any information you have before giving it to your readers because they know you as an authority so they believe anything they hear from you as “final” and the ultimate truth.
5) Confidence: As an authority blogger, you should be able to talk with confidence, let your blog posts reflect the confidence you have in what you are saying, you wouldn’t just want to go out there and be saying things because others are saying it, even if you have a different opinion from that of every other blogger in your niche, speaking with confidence will help you achieve great results, because all what you say is “yeah! and amen” i.e. so be it.
Let your confidence reflect in how you relate and interact with your readers, it is very important to have confidence in what you say in order to be a blogging authority
This is a guest post by Onibalusi Bamidele is a young entrepreneur, he blogs at Young Pre Pro. Get his free ebook on how to build a successful website . Contact us if you want to guest post on this blog.