Search Engine Optimisation for a blog is not very different from search engine optimisation for a website, the search engine logic is the same as optimising for a website. In fact optimising for a blog is a lot simpler than optimising for a website. You can list your blog faster and much quicker than your website by following very simple SEO techniques.
1 ) Start a Blog :
– Start a blog for your website ( if you don’t already have one ) Google loves blogs and wordpress for its friendly URL structure and its simple navigation. If you have a web site or any form of ecommerce or service you must consider starting a blog to complement your sites SEO efforts. Google indexes blog content very quickly this helps boost your search engine ranking on Google. When you have a blog that
ranks high on Google , your web site or ecommerce store is automatically leveraged.
2 ) Write Effective Blog Titles :
– The title tag of your website or blog is a major factor in Google indexing your site, the title is the first impression that your blog makes with the Google spider and you want to ensure that its good. A title indicates a snippet of what your blog page or website page contains. Ensure that the keywords you want to optimise are included in the title and reflect the content of your page. A good title includes focussed keywords on topic relevant to your blog page.
3 ) Write Link worthy posts :
– Google will rank you high based on the strength of your link building activities. The stronger inbound and internal links you have to your website or blog, better your chances of a high Page rank and high search result on Google. Ensure you have quality and valuable content which is link worthy ie. other blogs or website should find it worth linking in their articles.
If I have to link to relevant content from my blog post I will link to a blog post that is of great value to my readers and is link worthy. Blog at whatever frequency but provide exceptional content, the longer the time period between posts, the more exceptional you have to be. Give blogs and websites a reason to post your links.
4 ) Ensure effective link building :
– Leverage your network after each post goes live to help promote your content. Connect with influencing bloggers, start by linking to and commenting on their blogs. Use social networking sites like Digg, Twitter , stumble upon, reddit to build back links and traffic to your blog. Effective link building creates increased
search engine visibility and traffic to your blog or website.
5 ) Use Effective anchor text :
– When you write a blog post or article ensure that you have linked internal posts with relevant anchor text that related to the linked blog content. When you exchange links or use article directories or web directories for link building initiatives ensure that you use anchor text keywords that you want your blog to rank on Google ie. when I write articles for article directories or web directories linking to my blog, I use the anchor text as Internet Marketing Blog or Affiliate Marketing Blog.
6 ) Use Blog post tags :
– One of the major advantages of a blog is that it gives you options to tag every blog post with relevant blog tags. Blog tags are relevant keywords that you can use to compliment the blog posts. Google loves blog tags, I’ve experienced my blogs being picked up by Google based on the relevancy of blog tags.
7 ) 300 word articles or blog posts:
– Ensure that your blog posts or articles are atleast 300 words or more, this is critical as any article or blog post less than 300 keywords will not be spidered by Googlebot. If you have a blog post less than 300 keywords Google does not think you have enough content on your blog to spider.